The Florida Art Education Association is here to help us work together to face today’s many challenges. Your support and service are critical right now. As Ghandi said, “We must become the change we want to see.” FAEA membership can anchor our commitment to our students and to the world of education; we are unified in this journey. As you browse through our website, you’ll see many ways in which FAEA can support your work.
We invite you to join FAEA, so that we can work with others toward common goals. Our structure includes an elected Board of Directors, a Districts Assembly that reaches all parts of our state, and divisions of job-alike categories.
Our members are teachers, art supervisors, arts administrators, museum professionals, university professors and students, and those who are retired from the profession, yet still passionate about our goals.
Benefits of membership include:
- A commitment from the Board of Directors to serve and honor our members in a variety of ways.
- An opportunity for members to have a voice in the direction of art education, to act on issues affecting our work.
- An annual professional development conference which includes outstanding workshops, guest speakers, timely research findings, advocacy information, social events, commercial exhibits, and the opportunity to go home with strategies you can use immediately in your workplace.
- Opportunities to make presentations, conduct workshops, and attend in-service programs.
- Publications, such as Fresh Paint, FAEA’s quarterly newsletter, which shares division reports, activities and honors of members, curriculum ideas, informative advertising, and more. Submissions of art work and articles from members are encouraged.
- Our Website offers information that’s wide in scope, and contains links to many sites of special interest to members.
- An Awards Program that recognizes excellence in the work of art educators. Awardees are recognized at the annual conference, in Fresh Paint, the Conference program, on the website, and in other appropriate listings.
- Exhibition of student art work through the K-12 Student Virtual Art Exhibition and member art work through the Member Virtual Exhibition.
- Leadership training and opportunities through Districts Assembly, elections for the Board of Directors and through appointed positions.
You won’t want to miss being a part of this dynamic professional organization! Please join us in supporting art education by sending in your membership information; the membership year runs from July 1 to June 30. We look forward to working with you!