Submit Your Session Proposal Today!
Submit Your Proposal
Be a part of the 2020 FAEA Professional Development Conference and share your expertise with fellow art teachers throughout the state. FAEA needs you to strengthen and promote art education by volunteering your time and talents with your peers as a conference presenter.
All FAEA members are invited to submit a proposal to present a session at the 2020 FAEA Annual Conference.
Session proposal submissions will be open from March 1, 2020, through April 30, 2020.
Before beginning the proposal process, please have the following ready to upload or copy-and-paste into the online application:
- The username and password you chose when you joined or renewed your FAEA membership
- A high-quality headshot photo of yourself, to be used for the online conference schedule
- A paragraph-long biographical sketch outlining your qualifications and experience as an artist and educator
- A description of the session that includes topics and subject matter covered in the session
- Learning Outcomes for the session
- An optional supporting document such as an outline, handout, or photos of the results
Decide on a Session Category
- Demonstration Session (30 min.) - demonstrate a topic through an exploration and investigation of an art technique that will inform and inspire
- Art Forum (50 min.) - share a topic through a presentation that will inform and motivate
- Workshop Session (90 min.) - lead a "hands-on" experience that demonstrates an in-depth art medium strategy or process
See the presenter page for information about reimbursement for supplies purchased for the hands-on workshops.
At this year's conference, FAEA will present new learning pathways to align session content with its strategic plan and your school's improvement plan.
Each session proposal should align with one applicable learning pathway from below:
- Research & Knowledge: exploring research-based pedagogy, assessment, curriculum connections, educational research, strategies, and historical content and context
- Learning: discovering and experimenting with new techniques, skills, materials, and technology
- Community: collaborative learning experiences, panel discussions, special recognitions, connecting with colleagues, and teacher support and retention
- Advocacy: cultivating support for the arts and for individual programs through exhibition opportunities, voice, volunteerism, leadership opportunities, and addressing equity and access
Sessions proposals may also be submitted as "Other" for consideration.
Submit Your Proposal
Selling or advertising a product or service is not allowed. If you represent a company and would like to showcase your products, submit a Product Showcase Proposal instead.