The 2017 K-12 Student Art Assessment and Virtual Exhibition will be open from January 1, 2017 through April 10, 2017. Please log in to your member account to submit your student entries.
Entry Fee and Requirements:
The teacher submitting artwork must be a current FAEA member.
- Current FAEA members are eligible to submit 1 (one) entry per student, number of students is unlimited.
- There is a $5.00 entry fee per artwork submitted.
- All forms of media are accepted.
- All entries should be JPG files. Other file types will not be accepted.
- Signed Release Forms must be sent to the FAEA office by Friday, April 17.
Selection and Judging Process:
- Selection criteria is based on a 4-point rubric for K-2, 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12.
- Judging results will be sent out in May.
Awards will consist of:
- Award of Excellence with Distinction, score of raw 4
- Award of Excellence, score of 3.5-3.9
- Award of Merit, score of 3.0-3.4
- Award of Emerging Artist, score <3.0
- Student certificates will be provided for all awards and will be sent to schools in May.
- The June Hinckley Award of Excellence will be given to an art teacher with strong participation.
- The Charles Dorn Award of Excellence will be given to a high school student selected by the judges.
NEW PRIZE STRUCTURE FOR 2017
FAEA is pleased to announce that Sargent Art will generously sponsor prizes for the FAEA K-12 Student Art Assessment and Virtual Exhibition!
Sargent Art will provide student and teacher prizes as follows:
- Best in Show
- The overall winning student will receive a cash prize of $1,500.
- The overall winning teacher will receive classroom art supplies worth $ 2,000 (Retail value).
- One winner in each of Elementary School, Middle School, and High School (three (3) winners total)
- Students receive art supplies worth $100 (Retail Value) and a certificate.
- Teachers receive classroom art supplies worth $300 (Retail value).
Sargent Art will send a Participation Gift to each school after receiving from the Principal the following information (to be emailed directly to Sargent Art): 1. School enrollment number; 2. Number of Art Teachers; 3. Number of entries submitted to K-12 Student Art Assessment and Virtual Exhibition. Form provided during submission process.
Based on the large number of entries, the K-12 Student Virtual Art Exhibition will consist of artworks that have received an Award of Excellence with Distinction. The exhibition will be shown at the FAEA Conference, on the FAEA website and selected works will be featured in Fresh Paint.
2016 K-12 Student Virtual Art Exhibition - High School
2016 K-12 Student Virtual Art Exhibition - Middle School
2016 K-12 Student Virtual Art Exhibition - Elementary School
2015 K-12 Student Virtual Art Exhibition
2014 K-12 Student Virtual Art Exhibition
2013 K-12 Student Virtual Art Exhibition
2012 K-12 Student Virtual Art Exhibition
2011 K-12 Student Virtual Art Exhibition
2010 K-12 Student Virtual Art Exhibition